What if you need an android platform but do not want to invest in a mobile device? The chances are you have to have an Android device to access the world famous google’s operating system, isn’t it? Well, not really!
The good news is that the mentioned questions can be answered with a single program that has been around since 2011, where you can taste the goodness of Android through your desktop. Let me give you a good news with a question; have you ever heard of Bluestacks?
Well, what started as a portal to play high memory-consuming mobile games through a powerful desktop, is now a full-functioning app player. The entire ecosystem of Android in a form of a desktop program, designed uniquely for your windows and Mac devices.
Only Bluestacks, why?
The use of the smartphones has considerably increased, wouldn’t you agree?
This is due to the thriving app world which is expanding on an everyday basis for the smartphone users. It’s not a secret that the most widely used mobile platform is Android which is Google’s operating system. There are other competing platforms; iOS and Windows to name a few. But as far as the universal compatibility is concerned, nothing beats Android. It’s currently the most compatible platform in the world.
Well, the fact that the most of the apps developed for the Android operating system are free to download is another contributory fact for its popularity.
There are various categories for these applications such as games, education, social, etc. Each of these apps can be downloaded on Android’s platform.
The quest to use these popular Android apps on a larger screen has resulted in this app player; Bluestacks. It was for solving this issue, ‘Bluestacks’ which is an American technology came up with this program. It came out as a unique platform that pushed the boundaries of the mobile ecosystem to desktops. BlueStacks App Player is also known as an Android Emulator for its ability to play all the Android apps on Windows and Mac devices. Bluestacks stimulates all the features of an Android device such as receiving text messages, access to the Google Play Store, developer Android mode, etc.
Statistical Data of Bluestacks
- According to statistics obtained from various sources, it is estimated that almost 96% of the apps which are available for Android devices are compatible with Bluestacks.
- Approximately 86% of the games which are available for Android devices can be played using Bluestacks.
Also Read: How to Make BlueStacks Faster (Improve BlueStacks Performance).
Highlights of Bluestack App Player
- Integration friendly: It integrates mouse, camera, microphone, sensors, everything. Bluestacks makes it easier to use the Android apps on a Windows device. These integrations are particularly imperative for gaming purpose.
- Developers friendly: If you’re an Android developer, who wish to check the performance of the developed Android app, you can do it using Bluestacks. It has a ‘Developers Test Support’ mode, which helps in completing the test smoothly.
- Gamers friendly: Gamers can now live-stream their game to Twitch or Facebook directly using Bluestacks without going through any hectic process.
- Quick updates: Soon after Bluestacks proved to be a success, the company released Bluestacks 2 and recently, Bluestacks 3. These are the improved and updated version for Bluestacks, with added features.
- Resembles Android Devices: The home screen of the Bluestacks App Player resembles the home screen of the Android devices. It has a similar menu and icons. Whenever an app is installed, its icon gets created on the home screen of Bluestacks.
- Easy App Installation: There are two different methods for installing an app on Bluestacks. Firstly, directly download it by using the Google Play Store. Secondly, download the APK of the app and then open it using Bluestacks to install it.
Bluestacks has features which not many Android emulators can provide to its users. Also, it has a great helping community. People who seek any help can definitely find the answers to their problems in the forums. The developers of Bluestack are constantly trying to update the App Player according to the ever-changing needs of the people. Thus, they keep rolling out with the updates every now and then to make some minor changes or to remove the bugs from the previous update.
If you have any queries regarding Bluestacks Android Emulator then, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below.